NEW! Google Custom Search

Favorite Cookbooks of 2009

slycat's picture

So what are some of the best cookbooks you used in 2009? Not necessarily those published in 09, but maybe ones you discovered, bought or borrowed.
Some of my favorites were/are The Splendid Table How to Eat Supper, Heavenly Cakes, Urban Italian and My Bread.

Cathy

Pielove's picture

Hi Slycat! To my surprise, (post #68461, reply #1 of 4)

Hi Slycat! To my surprise, some of my best recipe successes last year came from Abby Dodge's kiddie cookbook (Around the World). I mined the FC archives quite a bit too. Plus I was up to my ears in veg, so I enjoyed Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. For next year, my boss gave me an amazon gift certificate and here is what I hope will be my favorite cookbook of 2010:
Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner - Peter P. Greweling; Hardcover

...at least it will be my favorite cookbook to read, if not to cook from.

pie

Adele's picture

hey Slycat! You just made me (post #68461, reply #2 of 4)

hey Slycat! You just made me realize I didn't do a whole lot of cooking out of books this year, with the exception of Christmas cookies. I'll have to resolve this in 2010.

But, but, it's SUPPOSED to taste like that!

jaq's picture

I've been on the fence about (post #68461, reply #3 of 4)

I've been on the fence about Heavenly Cakes for awhile.  You think it's worth buying?

Adele's picture

It's got a lot of good (post #68461, reply #4 of 4)

It's got a lot of good recipes in it.

But, but, it's SUPPOSED to taste like that!