NEW! Google Custom Search
I've been baking my way through Baked (checked out from the library). It's a great cookbook, everything I've made is stellar (at least according to my co-workers, who get most of the baked goods coming out of my kitchen).
The recipes aren't super simple - there's definitely something to be said for things that can be thrown together quickly, and so far I haven't found that anything can me made on a weeknight after work (unless I want to stay up really late).
A sampling of what I've made so far:
- Lemon lemon loaf
- Root beer cake - didn't taste like root beer if you ask me, but still a good chocolate cake
- Sweet & Salty cake - I'm a sucker for caramel, salt, chocolate
- Peanut butter crispy bars - like rice krispies topped with a milk chocolate peanut butter layer and a dark chocolate layer. Not my thing but co-workers went wild.
- Coconut snowball cupcakes - was told these were the best cupcakes I had ever made.
- Millionaire's Shortbread - shortbread with a layer of caramel and then a layer of dark chocolate