NEW! Google Custom Search

2007 World Gourmand Cookbook Awards

Glenys's picture

Three books published by my publisher are up for awards this year.  MadMom, you'll be happy to hear the Duby's Wild Sweets Chocolate is up.  Another book I mentioned, David Adjey's Deconstructing the Plate and our French Laundry diva, Claire Clark's 100 Perfect Desserts.

Not bad for a little Vancouver based publisher and a fair example of a  world where the bricks and mortar office isn't needed to manage talent far and wide.  Odd as it may seem, the Chieftains are managed out of Vancouver, and likewise Ry Cooder, so I guess if music, then publishing. 

MadMom's picture

(post #62925, reply #1 of 7)

Does amazon.com have Duby's Wild Sweets Chocolates?  I loved their first book so darn much, almost went bankrupt buying stuff to serve desserts on!

Not One More Day!
Not One More Dime! Not One More Life! Not One More Lie!

End the Occupation of Iraq -- Bring the Troops Home Now!

And Take Care of Them When They Get Here!

Glenys's picture

(post #62925, reply #2 of 7)

Don't know, I assume.  Aren't you coming here to get a copy?

MadMom's picture

(post #62925, reply #3 of 7)

Twist my arm!  Although, in spite of your dollar being worth more than ours, aren't you Canucks still charging 50% more for books?

Not One More Day!

shywoodlandcreature's picture

(post #62925, reply #4 of 7)

ohhhh... sore spot! Not only books - a whole lot of stuff is still not reflecting the current currency reality. Methinks we need you up here to set the retailers straight.

"the meat was prime,/the produce sublime,/but nevertheless/the dinner was/a horrible mess."
Samchang, 2007

MadMom's picture

(post #62925, reply #5 of 7)

After I posted that to Glenys, I thought it was really quite ludicrous that I wouldn't flinch about spending hundreds on airfare, but the thought of being charged extra on a book...I would never think of it!  You know, y'all could come down here and return the favor (build up our economy).  Dubya won't be in office forever to tear it back down.

Not One More Day!

Glenys's picture

(post #62925, reply #6 of 7)

I might go to IACP in April in NoLa with Tequi-Lime Ann.  Just got home from Mexico and San Francisco on Sunday.  I still have your other book.  I'm hopeless with mail.

MadMom's picture

(post #62925, reply #7 of 7)

Hmmmm...maybe we could arrange a NoLa fest?

Not One More Day!