NEW! Google Custom Search

Need Breadman Plus TR-600 Instructions

gardengirl's picture

A friend gave me a Breadman Plus (TR-600) breadmachine. Unfortunately, there aren't any instructions. Does anyone have any? I need some help as I have never had a bread machine and don't know how to use this one.

Thanks!!

Valerie_'s picture

(post #53717, reply #1 of 9)

I've got a Breadman, but I don't know which one. I'll check tonight. If it's the same model as yours, I can mail you a copy of the directions. I'll let you know tomorrow.

gardengirl's picture

(post #53717, reply #2 of 9)

Thanks Valerie. I'll be away from the computer until Friday. I'll check then to see what you found out. Do you like your Breadman? Use it alot?

Valerie_'s picture

(post #53717, reply #3 of 9)

Well, turns out I have a Breadman Ultimate and not the 600. The biggest things you need to know is what size loaf your pan will make and the order the ingredients get added to the pan. For the Ultimate, all liquids go in first, then flour, then add yeast to the very top.

You should check out Breadman's web site to see if they have a way to contact them for a new manual. The web site even has recipes to get you started. I didn't see anything specifically about the 600, so I can't tell you how big your loaf pan is, but you may want to assume 1 pound (smallest size) and see whether the finished loaf of bread fills the pan.

I love my bread machine. So does DH. We use it about once a week in the winter. This is actually our second bread machine; first was a Welbilt but we had to replace it after the motor gave out. Shh, don't tell the food police, but what I love is that DH can make his own bread anytime he wants by using the boxed mixes (Krusteaz is one brand we've used) available at the store. All you have to add is water and the bread is really flavorful and bakes up just fine. (DH likes to try different brands of mixes, but he's been most successful with Krusteaz.)

gardengirl's picture

(post #53717, reply #4 of 9)

Valerie --

Thanks for the info. I finally got some instructions for my Breadman. The order that you noted is what I am supposed to do. I don't have any specific recipes, but I do have a few bread mixes, so I'll probably start with them.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

gardengirl's picture

(post #53717, reply #5 of 9)

Valerie --

I finally got around to trying the Breadman. I was trying to make a Harry and David mix. However, near the end of the bake cycle, I got an error message E02 -- which means that you are supposed to let the machine heat up to room temperature before starting. (This message is only supposed to dosplay when you are first pushing the start button.) So the loaf was a bit soggy.

Also, I thought the machine was really noisy. It startled the cat and I had to turn up the TV while it was working. Have you experienced the same? I wonder because since this was a hand-me-down -- maybe it is broken??? What do you think??

Valerie_'s picture

(post #53717, reply #6 of 9)

The machine is loud but in a whirring-whizzing kind of way. (Consumer Reports rated this machine a little lower because of that.) I mention the noise because our old bread machine, when it broke, got *really* loud but in a clunking-banging kind of way.

Don't know if that really helps. It's hard to dianose noise and whether a noise is appropriately loud. My Kitchen-Aid stand mixer seems really loud, but I don't know if that's normal. One of these days I'll head out to the store where I bought it and ask if they can turn one of their's on for me so I can check it out...

I've never had to heat up my machine to room temp before starting and I've never seen any kind of error with it. The Breadman web site has a toll free number (1-888-889-0899); you may want to call to ask about that error if it's showing up at the end of the cycle instead of the beginning.

gardengirl's picture

(post #53717, reply #7 of 9)

Yep - my noise is the loud clunk-bang type. I'll give Breadman a call to see if they can give me some clues. Thanks for the info.

judyharris's picture

breadman plus TR600 manual (post #53717, reply #8 of 9)

Did you find the TR600 manual?  I am looking for the manual now.

Thanks.

Pielove's picture

manual (post #53717, reply #9 of 9)

They didn't, but I did:

http://www.creativehomemaking.com/downlo...

Sorry it took me a while to notice your message.

Cheers, Jen