NEW! Google Custom Search


Conical Sieve

JAlden's picture

Conical Sieve (post #69191)

Alright, this may be an odd question but...

Does anyone know the French term for a conical sieve? Is the wooden masher part of it or considered seperate?

Thanks in advance.

Risottogirl's picture

The conical sieve is a (post #69191, reply #1 of 5)

The conical sieve is a "chinois" in French. There is a name for the wooden pusher, but it escapes me for the moment. In France and here, I find the back of a ladle to be more useful than the wooden thing :)
It'll come back to me what it is called. I have when that happens :)

Water is a great ingredient to cook with, it has such a neutral flavor - Bobby Flay

Gretchen's picture

But can you get the ladle all (post #69191, reply #2 of 5)

But can you get the ladle all the way in/down? I think it is called a "pusher", and in French it would be a "pushay". LOL

MEANCHEF's picture

It's called the wooden (post #69191, reply #3 of 5)

It's called the wooden thingy.

schnitzel's picture

Pestle, pilon? (post #69191, reply #4 of 5)

Pestle, pilon?

JAlden's picture

Thanks all. Glad to see (post #69191, reply #5 of 5)

Thanks all. Glad to see people are still around.