NEW! Google Custom Search

Grilling 2012

kitchengoddess's picture

This is the first recipe I made from this issue and the chicken was very nice and moist with lots of flavour.  Thought anyone else who has the issue could contribute here.

Pg 64 - Moist Mustard-Rosemary Chicken for a Crowd (or just for one :P)

Pielove's picture

chicken (post #71670, reply #1 of 7)

Great idea! Also, thanks for the tip on the recipe-- my husband's favorite aunt (and free babysitter) just had to switch to a no-pork no-beef diet, so we are looking for good chicken recipes. I'll have to check that one out. It was bad timing, because we just bought half a pig so we have a freezer full of wonderful, organic, local, delicious pork. Dang.

Cheers, Jen

kitchengoddess's picture

And again with the photos! (post #71670, reply #2 of 7)

I had posted a photo with this!!! Will have to load up the behemoth and post it again...arghhh!!! what's happening with that.

I cook chicken a lot so I would be happy to share other good recipes, mostly FC, Barefoot contessa and eating well.com

This was really goo and certainly easy!

kitchengoddess's picture

Another try (post #71670, reply #3 of 7)

Well, I can see the pictures, can everyone else see them too?

I tried the stuffed mushrooms.  I have say the thought of stuffing small button mushrooms has always stopped me from trying such.  But when I saw that the mushrooms called for were portobello then I decided to give these a try.  I loved the addition of the lemon juice as it made the flavours come alive. I didn't have parm on hand as I was at the cottage but had romano cheese so that is what I used. The filling was a little salty but I don't know how I would adjust that. Definitely worth making!

And I added the photo of the grilled chicken as well, to go back to my original post. 

PreviewAttachmentSize
Stuffed_Portobello_Mushroom.jpg
Stuffed_Portobello_Mushroom.jpg2.08 MB
Special_issues_009.jpg
Special_issues_009.jpg2.64 MB
ICDOCEAN1's picture

Grilling 2012 (post #71670, reply #4 of 7)

Love the pictures and I'm dying to try the stuffed portobello mushrooms.

I made a chicken dish the other night with "garlic white wine" flavored with tarragon a good and easy dish.  A Paula Wolfert dish, link below:

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/splendid-table/recipes/main_chicken_garlic_wine.html

PreviewAttachmentSize
Chicken_with_Garlic_Wine.jpg
Chicken_with_Garlic_Wine.jpg93.02 KB
ICDOCEAN1's picture

Stuffed Portobello (post #71670, reply #5 of 7)

Very nice, but I don't know how to cut back on the salt in this recipe, prosciutto and cheese bring it to the recipe.  I am definitely making these again.  My musrooms were not as plump as I usually buy, a little bit smaller so I had them for dinner with arugula drizzled with the lemon dressing from the recipe, grated a little parm over, fine dinner.

Yours certainly prettier than mine not too pretty pink prosciutto (a different brand than usual, and pretty pale to begin with).

DH doesn't like mushrooms, but I might make them again as an appetizer to share the next time we have company and he can have just a taste as prosciutto changes a lot, might make him forget he's eating a mushroom.

PreviewAttachmentSize
DSC_1460.JPG
DSC_1460.JPG984.1 KB
Pielove's picture

photos, yummy photos (post #71670, reply #6 of 7)

kg, those photos look great! I love stuffed mushrooms!

Jen

caitlynsimpson's picture

My first attempt to stuff a (post #71670, reply #7 of 7)

My first attempt to stuff a mushroom is a fail since I had damaged the mushrooms when I removed the stems, then I read a trick on using a butter knife which will make the removal faster.