NEW! Google Custom Search


"docking" technique

roses4u's picture

"docking" technique (post #64943)



I am in the process of making the Honey Shortbread cookies that are in the January '09 issue, page 77 and ran across a term that is  new to me.  "Using the tines of a fork, dock the dough evenly all over".  Does that mean "jag" holes in the dough,  press the dough with the flat tines of the fork ...???  I'd appreciate your input.  Thanks!

roz's picture

(post #64943, reply #1 of 1)

Docking the dough is meant to let the steam escape while the dough is baking. Use the points of the fork tines to dock dough. There are specific docking tools available, but a fork is what I use.

Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Do your best. Don Miguel Ruiz