NEW! Google Custom Search

Class pictures 10/23

Gary's picture

Class pictures 10/23 (post #65235)

in

As promised, here is the grand finale. Next week, I move to chocolates. This is a pear caramel mousse tart. The lower tier consists of pears poached in white wine with cinnamon and cloves and baked into a frangipane filling with a short dough crust. The top tier is a milk chocolate caramel mousse topped with poached pear wedges. The caramel is done European style; the sugar is caramelized until it is smoking and almost black. The upper tier is wrapped with a thin band of tempered chocolate decorated with a wood grain pattern. The small squares are tempered chocolate with a random "fall" colors pattern. For the after dinner drink, there is a chocolate mouse/creme brulee/chocolate glaze shooter topped with a marshmallow twist. The other shooter is key lime mousse with a mango cream topping. There is a decorative plaque of white chocolate on top.

Edited 10/23/2009 5:47 pm ET by Gary

The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music and haggis and called it food.

MadMom's picture

(post #65235, reply #1 of 11)

You do realize, that I've gained about ten pounds just from looking at your pictures.  Beautiful work!

Not One More Day!
Not One More Dime! Not One More Life! Not One More Lie!

End the Occupation of Iraq -- Bring the Troops Home Now!

And Take Care of Them When They Get Here!

chiquiNO's picture

(post #65235, reply #2 of 11)

My fave is the chocolate one!!!YUM!

Marcia's picture

(post #65235, reply #3 of 11)

Gorgeous as always, Gary. :)

SallyBR1's picture

(post #65235, reply #4 of 11)

Simply amazing... I have no idea how one conceives of these masterpieces, and then... they turn out exactly as imagined!

I wish I could do similar magic in the lab :-)

American Citizen, with a tropical twist...

(May 29th, 2009)

http://bewitchingkitchen.wordpress.com

Gary's picture

(post #65235, reply #5 of 11)

Chef Decker is incredibly creative. He can rattle off dozens of variations of any dessert. We were looking at the winners of the Grand Masters of Chocolate competition yesterday and he immediately came up with several variations of the winning products.

The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music and haggis and called it food.

Adele's picture

(post #65235, reply #6 of 11)

I broke my rule and open the pictures at home (dial-up). :)  Oh my goodness!  I want them allllllllllllllllllllllllll!

But, but, it's SUPPOSED to taste like that!

But, but, it's SUPPOSED to taste like that!

RuthWells's picture

(post #65235, reply #7 of 11)

Gorgeous stuff, Gary! You must be having a blast.

Ruth Wells

"Gardening is the only unquestionably useful job."
 - G.B. Shaw

www.lemonade-and-kidneys.blogspot.com

www.ruthssweetpleasures.com

http://www.pkdcure.org/Default.aspx?TabI...

Gary's picture

(post #65235, reply #8 of 11)

Never met a calorie I didn't like. Thanks.

chiquiNO's picture

(post #65235, reply #9 of 11)

I think I'll try the JellyRoll Charlotte Rousse for Thanksgiving if I have time...LOL

I'm doing my dinner and catering one for a client!!!

Gary's picture

(post #65235, reply #10 of 11)

Excellent. Tout the name as Charlotte Royale. Sounds like it should be expensive - perceived value etc. For what it is worth, Chef says he usually just crams all the slices together and is not concerned about them retaining their shape. His view is not to show any mousse on the surface. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. Bon chance.

Edited 10/26/2009 4:31 pm ET by Gary

chiquiNO's picture

(post #65235, reply #11 of 11)

Great.....At least you knew what I was talking about...LOL