NEW! Google Custom Search

Christmas baking 2009

Syrah's picture

Christmas baking 2009 (post #65236)

in

So, who's started planning?

I know that the Americans still have Halloween and Thanksgiving to contend with, but for us in the Southern Hemisphere, Christmas is the next big thing.

Today, I tried Gourmet's Cinnamon Crisps.. really delicious and the golden syrup that I used instead of molasses really shone through. I did make a change with how to roll them out since that dough does not roll and cut easily. I ended up making a sausage in cling wrap, freezing it and slicing.

http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/1940s/1944/10/cinnamon-sugar-crisps?printable=true

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained."
-Marie Curie
My perseverance will be rewarded.

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained." -Marie Curie

Marcia's picture

(post #65236, reply #58 of 66)

Thank you, RuthAnn for the link. It looks like a great resource with lots of good things beyond macadamias. I have it bookmarked. :)

KitchenWitch's picture

(post #65236, reply #59 of 66)

you're welcome! I've been ordering from them for years. excellent customer service and products. the veggie chips are to die for!

~RuthAnn

~RuthAnn

Marcia's picture

(post #65236, reply #60 of 66)

It's very nice to have a T&T recommendation. I've ordered pecans from www.sunnylandfarms.com for many years and the quality and service are both excellent. They carry other nuts, but the pecans are local and the other stuff is very expensive. I'm sure I'll use your source, and I just might try the veggie chips. ;-)

Edited 11/22/2009 10:27 am ET by Marcia

Syrah's picture

(post #65236, reply #61 of 66)

So, I've been moderately busy.. the fruit for my cake is soaking, and I just need a relatively cool day in about a week so I can bake it.

Also, had some great success with Turkish Delight. Extremely moreish and delicious.

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained."
-Marie Curie

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained." -Marie Curie

Syrah's picture

(post #65236, reply #31 of 66)

I'm sorry, but you made me laugh!

-Marie Curie

Syrah's picture

Got these in the oven now. As (post #65236, reply #62 of 66)

Got these in the oven now. As I recall, they are really very moreish and bonus gluten free!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hedgehogs/Detail.aspx