NEW! Google Custom Search

32 oz Grade B Maple Syrup $13.00

cyalexa's picture

I couldn't get the page to open properly, I could only see 4 of the 28 items on page 1. I will try again later. In the meantime, what is one subscribing to when clicking "subscribe and save".

Gretchen's picture

(post #65185, reply #1 of 21)

You are subscribing to a scheduled future delivery of the item you choose, which seems to be detrimental at first, but you can unsubscribe anytime you want.  It opens to about 6 things from a seller, the syrup being only one of them. 

Gretchen

Gretchen
Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #2 of 21)

That's interesting. An old friend's daughter is married to a Coombs's family son. Their sugaring business went through some tough times years back, but has recovered nicely as far as I know. They're lovely people from what our friend tells us.

Gretchen's picture

(post #65185, reply #3 of 21)

It's a particularly good price this year, which supposedly wasn't a good year for syrup. My DBIL doesn't understand how that could be because he had more than ever from the trees he does every year.  It was a lot to boil down!! And it is delicious.

Gretchen

Gretchen
Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #4 of 21)

There's nothing like good maple syrup, although we had real cane syrup where I grew up. I remember going out to my great aunt's family farm, and seeing the grinding wheel which was turned by a donkey or a mule.

Sugaring is different, of course, but people WILL have their sweets.lol

Perhaps the low price of maple syrup is a reflection of the economy. There are bargains to be had in many places if one can afford to buy.

Gretchen's picture

(post #65185, reply #5 of 21)

No, I think it is opposite about maple syrup--prices are aky high everywhere I've seen it.

Gretchen

Gretchen
Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #6 of 21)

They've been high when I looked, too, but I thought that perhaps they were coming down.

Flavourgirl's picture

(post #65185, reply #7 of 21)

Prices have fluctuated on Maple Syrup this year. I paid as much as $19.88 for 32 oz at Sam's. The last time I bought syrup there was in August and it was $14.64. Sam's has the best prices on maple syrup, by far.

I love maple syrup - it brings back great memories of my Dad and I making our own back in the day...

Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #8 of 21)

We certainly didn't make our own since I grew up in Georgia, but we have friends in Vermont and relatives in Maine, and love it, too.

Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #9 of 21)

Thanks for the link. We are pretty well fixed with maple syrup for now. It's good stuff, that's for sure.

Risottogirl's picture

(post #65185, reply #10 of 21)

Maple syrup cleanse? With 12 quarts? EWWWW.

Water is a great ingredient to cook with, it has such a neutral flavor - Bobby Flay

Water is a great ingredient to cook with, it has such a neutral flavor - Bobby Flay

Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #11 of 21)

I read something about this cleanse in the past year. I think it uses lemon, maple syrup and water, but am not sure. Not for me, I can tell you that. ;-)

dorcast's picture

(post #65185, reply #12 of 21)

"The Master Cleanse" - Maple Syrup, Cayenne and Lemon Juice.
I'm sad to say that I know quite a few people who have done it. They claim to feel great after the first few days, but it sounds ridiculous to me.

MadMom's picture

(post #65185, reply #13 of 21)

It sounds like something someone made up just to see if people were crazy enough to try it!  I'm of the opinion that if you eat or drink anything it will probably cleanse you.  Perhaps just the lemon juice?  Or apple juice and garlic - that one was going around a few years back.

Not One More Day!
Not One More Dime! Not One More Life! Not One More Lie!

End the Occupation of Iraq -- Bring the Troops Home Now!

And Take Care of Them When They Get Here!

dorcast's picture

(post #65185, reply #14 of 21)

You are probably right. It's like the Emperor's New Clothes, no one wants to admit that they feel awful!
I'm amazed at how long people do things like this. I think you are supposed to stay on this cleanse for a minimum of 10 days.

Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #16 of 21)

Do you think most people stick it out for that long? I wouldn't be surprised if there were a good many drop-outs with this so-called cleanse.

It could be why the price of maple syrup went up. LOL

Edited 9/10/2009 9:58 am ET by Marcia

Jean's picture

(post #65185, reply #17 of 21)

For a really good cleanse try phospho-soda. :)

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
      I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

A  clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
help to provide free mammograms for women in need
MadMom's picture

(post #65185, reply #18 of 21)

...or 12 Dulcolax laxitive tablets taken over an 8 hour period...

Not One More Day!

Marcia's picture

(post #65185, reply #15 of 21)

People are crazy enough to try almost anything, I'm sorry to say. Look at what Dorcast posted -- she knows a good many people who've tried it.

kathymcmo's picture

(post #65185, reply #20 of 21)

Boy that would ruin maple syrup for me for life.

I will never understand the whole "cleanse" rationale. Our body is so well set up to "cleanse" itself already. Doesn't need any other help from what I can tell.

Jean's picture

(post #65185, reply #21 of 21)

Absolutely!

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
      I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

A  clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
help to provide free mammograms for women in need
MadMom's picture

(post #65185, reply #19 of 21)

I cannot imagine drinking that concoction to "cleanse."  I think Go-Lightly (sp?) would be better.

Not One More Day!