NEW! Google Custom Search


Flame throwers

Desmond56's picture

Hi I love cooking and here in the UK they have a program Saturday Kitchen. They regulaly use a kind of blow torch ( the kind that plumbers would use). I live in the UK and would like to get one. What are they called and are there any web sites with recipies using these?



Pielove's picture


Hi Desmond,

Awesome question! I think it's just the same blowtorch you would get from the hardware store-- although there is a version specially made for kitchens too, but it's a bit wimpy.  Here's an article by Heston Blumenthal on his blowtorch:

So, what are you torching? The last time I got out my blowtorch (I use the regular hardware store version), I made this lemon dessert, which is really good:

Cheers, Jen