NEW! Google Custom Search

recipes for cookie press

dmchoi's picture

I am looking for different recipes that can be used with a cookie press. I love the uniform shapes of the cookies that come from this tool, but don't always want to use the same butter or cream cheese recipe that is called for. I had a wonderful browned butter cookie recipe (using 2 sticks of butter), but the dough was too stiff to be pressed out. Does anyone know the trick to convert a recipe to be compatible with use in a cookie press? Thank you!

ADodge's picture

Cookie presses do make beautifully shaped cookies but, sadly, they work best with a very soft dough like those made with cream cheese or sour cream and butter. Of course, you can add any number of flavors to the basic cookie dough: lemon or orange zest, a hint of almond extract, very finely chopped crystallized ginger (make sure it's very fine or it won't pass through the press).

dmchoi's picture

Thank you for your reply. As for my browned butter cookie recipe, I will try to add a stick of butter (for a total of 3 sticks) to see if that will soften the dough enough to go through the cookie press. Happy holidays!