NEW! Google Custom Search

Class pictures 11/12

Gary's picture

Class pictures 11/12 (post #65260)

in

Today's tasting

On the left is a white chocolate and macadamia nut cake topped with Mango sorbet.

In the center is a coconut mousse wrapped in a marbled band of white chocolate. There is toasted coconut on the sides and a mango sauce underneth.

On the right are pinapple wedges that have been sauteed in an orange sauce, banana slices that have been marinated in a caramel sauce, and there is white chocolate "spaghetti" on top.

The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music and haggis and called it food.

The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music and haggis and called it food.

soupereasy's picture

Have to say that some of your pictures tempt me. Savoury eater that I am.

Beautiful!

Gary's picture

I guess I'll just have to keep working until I overcome your temptations.

These desserts are very light. Chef is a strong believer in mousses and Bavarian creams. The result is that you get a strong dose of flavor without any heaviness. The intent is to make them weigh about 5 oz and have 200-300 calories.

soupereasy's picture

That sounds like a reasonable goal. I am the diner that eats at most a tbl. to taste. I just don't have a sweet tooth.

Have to admire the work and creativity though.:)

bjb0777's picture

Do you want me to cry!! Can you move near me so I can have you for my dessert maker! Great. barb

PeterDurand's picture

Your creations continue to give me pleasure. Now if I could only be able to EAT them, I would be truly happy.

There is room in this fair city for a man of your talents.

Cheers,

Peter

Gary's picture

Thank you, sir. I do want to visit one of these days. Now if only I could find a person willing to be my taster. Any volunteers?

MadMom's picture

Just send them all to me.  The ones with nuts, I'll pass on to DH!

Not One More Day!
Not One More Dime! Not One More Life! Not One More Lie!

End the Occupation of Iraq -- Bring the Troops Home Now!

And Take Care of Them When They Get Here!

AnnL's picture

<raising hand> 

Ann
"The elders were wise.  They knew that man's heart, away from nature, becomes hard; they knew that lack of respect for growing, living things, soon led to lack of respect for humans, too."  Chief Luther Standing Bear, Lakota Sioux

Ann
"The elders were wise.  They knew that man's heart, away from nature, becomes hard; they knew that lack of respect for growing, living things, soon led to lack of respect for humans, too."  Chief Luther Standing Bear, Lakota Sioux

PeterDurand's picture

I would be willing to dedicate myself to that obviously onerous task. :-)

ashleyd's picture

Do you think Thomas Haas is looking for an apprentice?

Age is unimportant unless you’re a cheese.

Age is unimportant unless you’re a cheese.