NEW! Google Custom Search

Class pictures 10/20

Gary's picture

Class pictures 10/20 (post #65232)

in

More food for thought. This one is a strawberry/passion fruit Charlotte Russe. The Jaconde sponge is strawberry flavored, and the chiffon cake layers are passion fruit flavored. There is a layer of strawberry panna cotta in the middle. The mirror glaze on top is passion fruit.

The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music and haggis and called it food.

The people who gave us golf and called it a game are the same people who gave us bag pipes and called it music and haggis and called it food.

ashleyd's picture

Class indeed!

Age is unimportant unless you’re a cheese.

Age is unimportant unless you’re a cheese.

MadMom's picture

I just gained another 20 lbs looking and salivating at the pictures.

Not One More Day!
Not One More Dime! Not One More Life! Not One More Lie!

End the Occupation of Iraq -- Bring the Troops Home Now!

And Take Care of Them When They Get Here!

leonap's picture

A work of art!

Jean's picture

Awesome!

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,
public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
                                               - Cicero  - 55 BC
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

A  clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
help to provide free mammograms for women in need
bjb0777's picture

Was this not achange of career?? Great move!! barb

tones's picture

Wow! I have enjoyed seeing all of your creations and I am thrilled that you share them so we can live vicariously.   Major YUM!

roz's picture

Gary, this is beautiful. But....you have to stop it! LOL! I see these lovely cakes and I want a piece to go with my tea. It's so frustrating! I couldn't make something like this, but would love to buy a slice. Our local bakery is slap-dash and makes dry cakes. Yech! And they don't use butter, double yech! Forgive my rant, keep up the good work and keep making us drool!

Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Do your best. Don Miguel Ruiz

Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Do your best. Don Miguel Ruiz
evelyn's picture

That looks like the perfect dessert for Easter/Spring/Mother's Day!

In life, learn the rules so that you know how to break them properly.

In life, learn the rules so that you know how to break them properly.
courgette's picture

So I have two questions for you:

1. How on earth do you get that Greek key design?

2. Do they taste as good as they look? Because almost every time I am seduced by pastries/cakes like these at events/dinners/hotels,  they are just not good and I only eat a forkful.

In any case they sure do look great.

Mo

Gary's picture

The design is a silicon mold. I use a plastic scraper to push the colored stencil paste into the groves of the pattern and then the Jaconde sponge batter is ladled on top and leveled. There are other ways too. Here I used air brush colors, which are alcohol based food colorings, to finger paint a pattern onto a Silpat. The Jaconde batter is ladled on top and leveled. They taste great. We taste test every component as we make it to make sure it is flavorful and balanced.

Edited 10/21/2009 9:38 am ET by Gary

PreviewAttachmentSize
IMG_6033a.jpg
IMG_6033a.jpg37.55 KB
soupereasy's picture

Sometimes I wish I had the patience and dexterity to bake. Beautiful work,  I'm really enjoying your pictures.:)

Marcia's picture

Stunning, Gary.