NEW! Google Custom Search

Show Us Your Cakes!

msm-s's picture

Show Us Your Cakes! (post #64745)

in

Wanna post photos of some of your best creations? With all the talent here, it would be nice to be able to have an all-occassion cake "scrapbook" to peruse for ideas. Easier to view than hunting through old threads since there is no 'image' search here (unless i am missing something).

I'll start. My recent R2D2 cake and molten planet cake for my son's 7th birthday this week.
also, an older pic of the cake i made my ex (then husband) for his first birthday since the birth of our son. I was still nursing then, which is the joke behind the concept. It's not x-rated, but be warned that there is chest-oidal imagery :-)

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.
–Jack Handey
wonka's picture

OMG that is beatiful. I want you for my mom.

KitchenWitch's picture

OMG - that's so fantastic!

~RuthAnn

~RuthAnn

mireillec's picture

How talented you are. The cake is awesome.

Sondra's picture

Thanks for the info.  Again, fantastic job!

Jillsifer's picture

That's gorgeous!

One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is.

Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart.

-- Washington Irving

CookiM0nster's picture

My latest and final Threadcakes entry. This has been a lot of fun. For this on I did some sugar work - for the first time. I really enjoyed it. I could get into that.

PreviewAttachmentSize
done2small.jpg
done2small.jpg43.39 KB
Syrah's picture

That is amazing!

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained."
-Marie Curie
My perseverance will be rewarded.

"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be obtained." -Marie Curie

CookiM0nster's picture

Thanks everyone.
Yes, my boys get to eat them. They shared this one with friends.

mireillec's picture

There's lucky.

MadMom's picture

You are amazing.  Tell me, do the boys get to eat your efforts?

Not One More Day!
Not One More Dime! Not One More Life! Not One More Lie!

End the Occupation of Iraq -- Bring the Troops Home Now!

And Take Care of Them When They Get Here!

dorcast's picture

Truly incredible!

RuthWells's picture

Wow! I'd love to see more shots of it, closer up -- hint, hint....

Ruth Wells

"Gardening is the only unquestionably useful job."
 - G.B. Shaw

www.lemonade-and-kidneys.blogspot.com

www.ruthssweetpleasures.com

http://www.pkdcure.org/Default.aspx?TabId=1182&ParticipantID=316&Type=1

Ruth Wells

- G.B. Shaw

http://www.pkdcure.org/Default.aspx?TabI...

CookiM0nster's picture

If you want more details go here:
http://www.threadcakes.com/entries/view/435

Marcia's picture

Thank you for the link. The cake looks even more amazing in that picture. Wow, pretty much says it all for me.

RuthWells's picture

Wow -- absolutely amazing!

Ruth Wells

- G.B. Shaw

http://www.pkdcure.org/Default.aspx?TabId=1182&ParticipantID=316&Type=1

Ruth Wells

- G.B. Shaw

http://www.pkdcure.org/Default.aspx?TabI...

evelyn's picture

you, my dear, are simply AMAZING!!!

Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next.

In life, learn the rules so that you know how to break them properly.
Marcia's picture

What can I say? Another amazing seems redundant, but that's what it is. Just stunning work.

Lee's picture

Both cakes are fantastic!  You're a real artist.

Biscuit's picture

THat is so cool!!!!!  I love it!  That reminds me of this book Max used to love "The Teeny Tiny Ghost"! (g)

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."  - George Bernard Shaw

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares that it is his duty."  - George Bernard Shaw

mireillec's picture

An other masterpiece.

butterscotch's picture

Holy, moly.  Both of these cakes are stupendous, CM.  You are really gifted.

moxie's picture

That is absolutely amazing! Just beautiful!!

TracyK's picture

FANTASTIC! Very bloodthirsty, LOL. I love it, and I bet Max was THRILLED.

"I really do not know that anything has ever been more exciting than diagramming sentences."
                                                            --Gertrude Stein

annieqst's picture

Having spent too much time in the water and been concerned about those big fish, there's something awful creepy about that cake. As a kid? I would have loved it!! Great (albeit creepy) cake!

Biscuit's picture

ITA with you (G).  Especially when you cut into it - eh!  But as you said - we're not 8 year old boys, either.  Also - all the men thought it was awesome, too.

Guess what I did with the 2nd shark?  (lol)  Today happens to be Max's principal's birthday.  He's 65, I think.  So Max wanted HIM to have the second shark.  I took it off the cake and gave it to him this morning.  He laughed so hard at it, and thanked Max very much, said it was the best birthday surprise he'd had in years. (G).  I guess if you are an elementary school principal, and been an elementary age educator for as long as he's been, you develop a great sense of humor and tolerance for the disgusting-ness of little boys (G).

Statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception.
- Mark Twain

msm-s's picture

thanks for the info... looks like I'm going to have to get some of those pans...

DeannaS's picture

Amazing! Truly wonderful job on that cake. You rock - and I love Max's vivid imagination.

"As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists." - Joan Dye Gussow