NEW! Google Custom Search

REC: Cinnamon Cookies

Meryl's picture

REC: Cinnamon Cookies (post #63320)

in

I just made these last night and they're delicious - perfect for the holidays.

CINNAMON COOKIES

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine (I used unsalted butter)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (I used 1 tsp Penzey's Korintje and 1/2 tsp Penzey's China Cassia)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
cinnamon sugar (I mixed 1/4 cup sugar with 4 tsp Penzey's Korintje cinnamon)

1. In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
4. Add to butter mixture.
5. Blend well.
6. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls.
7. Shape dough into small balls about 3/4 inch in diameter. (For most batches, I did heaping teaspoons)
8. Roll in cinnamon sugar to coat.
9. Set cookies 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. (I lined cookie sheets with parchment paper, and set cookies about 2 inches apart).
10. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned. (I baked about 15-16 minutes, using heaping teaspoon-size cookies). [note: rounded teaspoon-size cookies take about 12-13 minutes].
11. Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.

48 servings

posted by PetesNina - Recipezaar

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. --Judith Viorst

Edited 11/18/2004 7:25 pm ET by Meryl

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

schnitzel's picture

Oh, my...hope they are mostly pleasant thoughts. (G)

Amy W    Cooks Talk T&T Recipes

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."  Julia Child

Edited 11/19/2004 6:01 pm ET by schnitzel

Wolvie's picture

of course!

"Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, 'Something is out of tune."  Carl Jung

Meryl's picture

Well, duh, I didn't know what creosote was, but now I do. LOL. Actually I looked it up on Google and thought you might be referring to the Monty Python doll:

http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/11_03/20_mp_mrcreosote.htm

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. --Judith Viorst

schnitzel's picture

FYI, from Cafe Creosote:

What's with the name of your site?

This is one of the most frequently asked questions. This is especially true about readers from Australia where Creosote is a residue. A really gross one that people pay to have removed. So we understand the confusion. Before we knew all this, we just wanted to name the site after someone who enjoys a good meal. Memory took us back to that hilarious/ disgusting scene in Monty Python's Meaning of Life, where a portly Mr. Creosote (played by Terry Jones) enters a restaurant and begins bingeing and vomiting, bingeing and vomiting - until he can't fit in another bite. He refuses the after dinner treat the waiter offers him. The waiter insists, "its only a waferthin mint, Mr. Creosote". Mr. Creosote reluctantly consumes the mint and all hell breaks loose. Vomit is spewing everywhere. Sort of gross (like the residue --we've come full circle), but also quite funny (you have to watch it for yourself).

Amy W    Cooks Talk T&T Recipes

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."  Julia Child

Wolvie's picture

heh heh - had forgotten all about that - until schnitz's post and your link.

getting old. :-)

"Through pride we are ever deceiving ourselves. But deep down below the surface of the average conscience a still, small voice says to us, 'Something is out of tune."  Carl Jung

UncleDunc's picture

>> It obviously fell flat!

Don't you hate that? You wonder if nobody got it, or even worse, if they did get it but thought it was too awful to respond to.

Wolvie's picture

well, I know one person got it - and I care not about "awful" - plenty of that on this site and elsewhere to go around. ;-0

dixie1's picture

This is certainly not directed to you personally, but I find a lot of recipes written with the ingredients listed in haphazard order. It is much easier for me to follow if the ingredients are listed in the order used, or at least grouped together.

Meryl's picture

?????? If you're referring to this recipe, the ingredients are  listed in the order used.

Edited 11/19/2004 1:39 pm ET by Meryl

TracyK's picture

The one you posted in the first post does, the one from Southern living does not. :-)

That's just bad pigs.

Meryl's picture

Well, hell, blame Southern Living! :-)

dixie1's picture

I did blame Southern Living - not you. But I went to their annual recipes and same recipe is listed differently, order in which ingredients are used. Maybe they are different in their magazines.