NEW! Google Custom Search

Costco has Martha's cookie book for

Gretchen's picture

$13. Also Frank Stitt's Southern cookbook.

Gretchen

Gretchen
bwf17's picture

Good Morning,

Did you purchase Martha's cookie book?  I just purchased Tate's Cookbook and I adore their cookies.

What great temptations might I find in her new book?

Thanks for all,

Mary

Gretchen's picture

No, I don't do sweets so am not tempted. It is a thick paperbook, and I'd be pretty sure it would be a very good book.

Gretchen

Gretchen
bwf17's picture

Oh please don't tell me you don't like sweets....they are my downfall.  I am making Nigellas Lemon Meringue Cake today for a gathering tonight.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Mary

Gretchen's picture

Nope, no sweet tooth here.  When the children were home we had plenty of cookies and cakes, but it has pretty much rubbed off on them too--except for DS who married a chocoholic!! The others really don't do desserts either.

Gretchen

Gretchen
AJ12754's picture

I looked through it on the run -- it looked to me like it might be a book version of her Holiday magazine on cookies from a few years ago -- I love the magazine and pull it out all year round.

The trouble today is that almost everyone is famous and almost no-one is interesting. (paraphrased Tina Brown)

Cave obdurationem cordis

deejeh's picture

It does have most, if not all, of the recipes from the last Holiday Cookies magazine (the one with the gingerbread snowflake on the cover).  It has additional recipes as well.

deej

bwf17's picture

Well I don't have that magazine, so I may have to get  the book.

Mary

Canuck's picture

You do need the book! It is similar to the magazine, but I think it must even have more recipes because it's about 300 pages. I've made two recipes from it and both are spectacular. For $15 here in Toronto, it was well worth the cost.

bwf17's picture

Thanks so much, I plan on getting it when I go to Costco, or else get it at overstock.com.  It is only $14.22 there with 2.95 shipping and I figure it will cost me more than the difference in gasoline.  I think I just talked myself into ordering it online.

Thanks again,

Mary

Canuck's picture

Plus you'll save the hundreds of dollars that you'd spend on other things at Costco! You're really saving yourself megabucks by buying this book online. :)

bwf17's picture

Oh you know me so well........

Marie Louise's picture

Do you think it has much, if anything, that is not one her website?

deejeh's picture

I don't know - I don't frequent the website.  What the book has, which I love, is pictures of each of the cookies in the table of contents - similar to the magazine.

deej

MadMom's picture

I'm headed to Costco on Tuesday.  Might check out Frank Stitt's book, but if it's the one with his friend, I already have it.

Oh, BTW, finally remembered to pick up a tin of Italian tomatoes at Sam's the other day to make your roasted tomatoes.  Of course, I got home and saw that my big tin contained 105 ounces, while the one you used contained 28 ounces.  Oh well, more for me.  Ended up cooking them something like three hours, then pulverized them in the VitaMix, so now I have four more containers of pizza sauce in the freezer, to join the precooked toppings.  I need to get off my lazy bottom and make some more pizza dough to put in there, then I will have lots for a quick meal.

Not One More Day!
Not One More Dime! Not One More Life! Not One More Lie!

End the Occupation of Iraq -- Bring the Troops Home Now!

And Take Care of Them When They Get Here!