NEW! Google Custom Search

Order is in!

a1wang's picture

Order is in! (post #62707)

I don't know whether to laugh or cry--pushed the button and the order is in. some intriguing treasures, old and new--World of Baking by Casella, Complete meat cookbook, Baking with Julia and BBA by Reinhart (for my husband--I think!) my kids will roll their eyes. but hey! my 6 year old is getting into baking bread and listening to Cat Stevens with her dad, so something is working!

Glenys's picture

Hopefully the bread baking will keep her from losing her mind listening to Cat Stevens. As a teen in the seventies, there was only one thing worse than that, Carol King. And to make matters worse, here in Canada we had Bruce Coburn and Dan Hill, usually referred to as Down Hill.

Risottogirl's picture

Dan Hill

As in "Sometimes When We Touch"???

Gag.

Water is a great ingredient to cook with, it has such a neutral flavor

Bobby Flay

Water is a great ingredient to cook with, it has such a neutral flavor - Bobby Flay

AmyElliesMom's picture

Great. Now I've got that as an earworm.

*Sometimes when we cry...*

And the crowd was stilled.  One elderly man, wondering at the sudden silence, turned to the Child and asked him to repeat what he had said.  Wide-eyed, the Child raised his voice and said once again, "Why, the Emperor has no clothes!  He is naked!"
                -- "The Emperor's New Clothes"

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with wine and chocolate.

Glenys's picture

Oh please, not one word more.

transona5's picture

What, is the honesty too much?

Wolvie's picture

.....groan......

No mans error becomes his own Law; nor obliges him to persist in it

THOMAS HOBBES, Leviathan, part 2, p. 237 (1950).

Wolvie's picture

oh man - gag indeed.

it ranks right up there for me with that one song where the woman did that trilling lilty thing, so high your ears heart. That was an ultra gag - along with the having my baby song.

man oh man - there have been some real beauts put out. ;-)

transona5's picture

I'll bet you're talking about that Minnie Ripperton song "Loving You".  la la la la la...

Wolvie's picture

could be - I blocked the name of the person singing it - it makes me shudder just remembering it!

Glenys's picture

Sorry about hijacking your thread.

a1wang's picture

No problem! This has actually been very funny. My 6 yr old is willing to sit down and practice without asking because her current song is Morning has broken. Luckily, it is only two short lines. I am also enjoying getting to "know" people! It is very informative to see what people are passionate about--I mean, there is more to a good cook than cooking! I have not been sure about how to "break-in." So many people have been participants for so long. Talk about power of the internet. It is a treat to interact with people who love and think about real food. I don't mean just picking up a copy of food and wine or bon appetit at the checkout counter. Just compare the epicurious site to this one. Not that I don't find the epicurious site useful and fun, but it is clearly commercial and lacking passion.