NEW! Google Custom Search

Delicious Library

Glenys's picture

A software program described in House&Home September, for organizing a "mammoth cookbook collection with librarian-like efficiency". Scan the bar codes to catalogue then call up by keyword or author. $44
I don't know about you but I spend hours looking for a book. Sometimes I have to get the Sailor to scan the titles after I've gone blind checking spines. Maybe it has a system for tracking the books I've loaned ........
www.delicious-monster.com

beebuzzled's picture

Thanks for posting, Glenys. That little program is going to be a big help.

Why is the rum always gone?  Captain Jack Sparrow
Why is the rum always gone?  Captain Jack Sparrow
ashleyd's picture

You could have mentioned it was Mac only.

Always take a good look at what you're about to eat. It's not so important to know what it is, but it's critical to know what it was.

Age is unimportant unless you’re a cheese.

Glenys's picture

Didn't know that specifically. In the article it mentioned Mac-friendly, which I took to be not solely PC.

wisekaren's picture

Oh, that is so much fun! I downloaded it and have been scanning away. My MacBook Pro has the little iSight camera built right in (the Photo Booth app is great fun!), so it's easy-peasy. I don't yet know what I'll do with the info, but....

Thanks for posting it,
Karen

Sheri's picture

This is a great program. I've used it for a long time for DVDs, and intermittently for cookbooks. One of these days I'll get all my cookbooks in there.

I love the feature that lets you check stuff out to people, so you can remember who borrowed what. Someone at work just borrowed my Greens cookbook, and I used Delicious Library to remind myself.