NEW! Google Custom Search

Master Cook Backup

Grazia's picture

Hello everybody!

I haven't posted any messages for a long time, I have been busy with school starting for my two kids, and work, and getting organized etc . . .

Now that I'm a little bit more organized, I hava a question for you who use Mastercook, I have Mastercook 6 and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a backup of my cookbooks - has anyone ever had this problem before?

Thank you for your help.

Ciao

Grazia

hambiscuit2's picture

If you have a CD writer, just back up on CD just as you do anything else. You will be backing up "My Collection". When windows opens .....programs>sierra>mastercook>cookbooks>my collection>.

Grazia's picture

Thank you, I don't know why I didn't think of that ! Dumb me!! I just thought I was supposed to copy it from the part of the program called MasterList.

I will do that right away !

Ciao,

Grazia

PauHana's picture

I can attest that Hambiscuit's advice works.  Even if you don't have a CD burner, keeping a spare copy of that folder elsewhere on your computer is better that nothing.

I recently installed a second copy of MC6 on a wireless laptop that travels into the kitchen with me.  Here is the process if anyone else is planning this:

Copy the contents of your saved 'My Collection' over the top of the contents in the same folder of the new install.  Then, open the MC program, go to TOOLS/REFRESH FILE LIST. 

Hmm… I wonder if they meant to write:
¼ tsp of cayenne pepper instead of ¼ lb ?
Oh well – too late to worry about it now !

Who is Luke?
and
Why is his warm water
better than any other brand?