NEW! Google Custom Search

Meaniefest II - Master list of Attendees

MEANCHEF's picture

DELETED BY DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Edited 9/15/2003 4:52:18 PM ET by MEAN CHEF

TracyK's picture

Somewhere we've got to fit in the crab eating expedition as well....

"Noncooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet."

Julia Child

anneelsberry's picture

I think we need to adopt a European eating schedule -- early breakfast, tiffin (isn't that something you eat at 10ish), lunch, tea at 4:00ish, and dinner at 8:00. That should allow us to cram a lot in.

Somebody put a stop payment on my reality check!

TracyK's picture

Oooh, good plan. Except I'd gain back every pound I've lost. At least crab is low cal.

"Noncooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet."

Julia Child

assibams's picture

Early schedule is juuuussst fine with me - I'll be so jetlagged that you will probably have to jank me out of coma a couple of times in the afternoons.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright

Biscuits's picture

I'm with early schedule.  I want to fit as much in during the day as possible.  I don't intend to sleep all that much.

wtf    - Biscuit

Ancora Imparo -

Li's picture

Note to self: remember to pack AAA bail bond cards...several copies.

Central Scrutinizer; Cooks Talk moderator

Only connect.

anneelsberry's picture

I'm there for y'all. Except in the event there is a conflict of interest between my defense and yours -- as in, "Honestly, Officer, I was just minding my business and stuffing my face when these rowdy ladies showed up. . ."

CdnRhea's picture

gosh, that 's a good thing since the other rumours I heard talked of all night parties, drinking , lewd and disgusting behaviour and tons of food and drink..........being religious and all(NOT) I thought I would have to decline...I AM coming next year if I have to sleep my way across Canada to get there....well maybe not in all provinces...hope you all have a great time and I cannot wait to hear ALL the dirty details!!!!

men are like heavy rocks,let's face it, if a tornado  comes, you know your couch is safe...

My knight in shining armour has gone to rust, and I'm left with the ass he rode in on...

assibams's picture

Bail? Hey we gots ourselves a lawyer in our little group here! She'll cover our behinds no matter what, right Pomona?

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright

shywoodlandcreature's picture

so Rhea, are you offering to post bail????  (Promise to do my best to misbehave quite scandalously. Have packed my dominatrix boots, and fully intend to dance on tables where allowed.)

"That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
-- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett, 'Blackadder Goes Forth'

CdnRhea's picture

Well since I really know nothing about politics except that our Prime Minister is a morron...I would welcome some political bashing!!!! I am off to try and book a ticket...

men are like heavy rocks,let's face it, if a tornado  comes, you know your couch is safe...

My knight in shining armour has gone to rust, and I'm left with the ass he rode in on...

Wolvie's picture

I probably could, but that wouldn't have me there with my Mom. And  - she wants me with her.

I PROMISE I am coming to Vancouver next year - either just before or after Prairiefest!

Nothing valuable can be lost by taking time - Abe Lincoln.

RuthWells's picture

Oh Wolvie, just saw this thread -- what a major PITA for you.  I hope all goes well!

Ruth Wells

"Gardening is the only unquestionably useful job."
 - G.B. Shaw

Ruth Wells

"Gardening is the only unquestionably useful job."
 - G.B. Shaw

www.lemonade-and-kidneys.blogspot.com

www.ruthssweetpleasures.com

http://www.pkdcure.org/Default.aspx?TabI...

Jangomango's picture

Am I reading right?   A Wolvie-less-fest?

MEANCHEF's picture

You can't let property issues get in the way of Meaniefest.

Gretchen's picture

I agree--I'm not coming, but a "Wolvie-less" gathering is wanting, I am sure.

Gretchen

Gretchen
Wolvie's picture

Trust me, I wish I could get around it. But I can't leave my Mom to deal with that alone, she would be overwhelmed.

I will be going to prairiefest, tho, and the next west coast fest. Have some foie gras for me! And curried lamb!!

Nothing valuable can be lost by taking time - Abe Lincoln.

Biscuits's picture

Sent.

wtf    - Biscuit

Ancora Imparo -