NEW! Google Custom Search

Meaniefest II - Master list of Attendees

MEANCHEF's picture

DELETED BY DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Edited 9/15/2003 4:52:18 PM ET by MEAN CHEF

Wolvie's picture

The way it works in VA (even for mortgage companies, banks, etc., unless you do some tricky manuvering) is that all defaulted property goes for auction. It does not have to sell for the balance owed, and it does not revert to the previous owner, just the monies do. So in order to assure that you get your money, you can actually buy back your property and then re-sell it. Since Mom owes no money, and since we have had decent offers on it, even if I buy it back, I'll probably have it sold in less than a month. If someone bids enough to make sense, then I won't bid, and we'll get the money.

Nothing valuable can be lost by taking time - Abe Lincoln.

Gretchen's picture

I knew your answer would be reasonable.  It just seems so convoluted!!  Good luck!!  And sorry you won't get to MF.

Gretchen

Gretchen
Wolvie's picture

it is weird, I admit. I don't know if any other state does it that way. Doesn't seem fair somehow to me. I mean, my Mom owned that property outright. Le sigh.

dixie1's picture

Does your Mom hold the mortgage on the house. My DD & I (I am the silent partner) buy foreclosures, but we never finance for the buyer when we re-sell them.

Wolvie's picture

yep. She holds the lien/mortgage. The problem is, she didn't know about Va must auction law for real estate. Le sigh. Huge PITA.

PeterDurand's picture

At art auctions there are folks there on their cell phones with the real buyer. Any chance you could arrange it that way?

Just trying to see you again.

Cheers,

Peter

I am at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table  -  Rodney Dangerfield

CdnRhea's picture

ok here is the situation.... I am trying to get a ticket as my original plans fell to shreds...is anyone still looking for a roomate???? I am just so mad that things have fallen apart and my cheap ticket went up in smoke....ugh I am trying to use my Moms airmiles since I will only be able to afford it that way.....sigh...forgive my low mood but I have so wanted to go and meet all of you...I will check in tomorrow to see if anyone wants to share a room with me...hope everyone is well and Happy New Year to my fellow Jewish friends in the room......... :) Shanah Tovah   

men are like heavy rocks,let's face it, if a tornado  comes, you know your couch is safe...

My knight in shining armour has gone to rust, and I'm left with the ass he rode in on...

MadMom's picture

Check your email, rhea...RuthAnn and I could use a roommate, and since she's a Repooblican and I'm a Dubya basher, you can have your pick of politics! 

Wolvie, that bites.  Sorry, girl, but we'll see you next time.

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.
Lily Tomlin

KitchenWitch's picture

There will be no politics discussed in our room.

~RuthAnn

~RuthAnn

MadMom's picture

Well, drat and darn.  You already said we won't discuss the "h" word.  Guess we'll just have to gossip about Mean.

Lily Tomlin

KitchenWitch's picture

<<You already said we won't discuss the "h" word>>

Well, we can, I just figured no one would want to talk about that...it's kinda gross.

~RuthAnn

~RuthAnn

MadMom's picture

You know, we got along just fine last time...see there can be real bipartisanship if we just try!  (And I agree, the "h" word is gross.  No arguments there!)

Lily Tomlin

PeterDurand's picture

What in the world is the h word? And why is it gross?

I am at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table  -  Rodney Dangerfield

MadMom's picture

Tell ya in Seattle.

Lily Tomlin

Stilljean's picture

Haggis?  I won't be in Seattle.  (pouting now too.)

KitchenWitch's picture

one of the less charming side effects of pregnancy.
As a nurse you probably saw plenty of 'em.

~RuthAnn

~RuthAnn

Stilljean's picture

Yes, first hand experience as well.

CdnRhea's picture

Meanie, since it looks like I will not raise enough money prostituting myself to fly out there( in fact I had to give a refund just yesterday) I want you to promise me that you will behave in a disorderly fashion and overexcess in all indulgences-JUST FOR ME!!!!!! 

men are like heavy rocks,let's face it, if a tornado  comes, you know your couch is safe...

My knight in shining armour has gone to rust, and I'm left with the ass he rode in on...

MEANCHEF's picture

Sorry you will not be attending.  Save up for next year.

Misbehavior is guaranteed.

CdnRhea's picture

oh, you have made my day a little brighter...sure will miss meeting all of you, but if I win the lottery you'll see my smilin' face!!!!! Remember if you get arrested then that is the sign of a GREAT party!!!! PLEEEZE remember to post photos for the rest of us left behind...

MadMom's picture

You realize, of course, that Li is in charge of posting bail for any of us who might get hauled in for disorderly conduct.  Bless her heart.

Lily Tomlin

CdnRhea's picture

the rule is that one must always post bail for friends....

MadMom's picture

I agree!  We are actually quite serene and reserved when we go to Meaniefest.  Most of our time is spent in meditation and silent prayer, with a little fasting thrown in to make us spiritually strong.  You're really not missing much.  ;)

(But you need to come next year, anyway!)

Lily Tomlin

assibams's picture

with a little fasting thrown in to make us spiritually strong.  You're really not missing much.  ;)

Can you say 'liquid diet'?

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright

MadMom's picture

Shhh...we don't want everyone to know!  I figure whatever we do in the corner is strictly our business.  Besides, I like the idea of having a lawyer along.  After Li posts bail, Pomona can represent us (unless, of course, she is locked up with us, and I'm not sure what the protocol would be in that case!)

Lily Tomlin

assibams's picture

ROFL

Counting the hours til departure (Thursday 9am which is midnight Seattle time)

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright

MadMom's picture

I've already started packing...wish I could be leaving tomorrow!  Besides, I figure that if I pack three days in advance, surely even my feeble mind will be able to remember everything I need sometime before I leave...although I wouldn't bet on it!

Lily Tomlin

Edited 9/30/2003 11:11:02 AM ET by MadMom

anneelsberry's picture

I remembered last night another side trip to take -- the crepe stand at Pike Place. Crepes with Nutella, yum. And Mario Batali's Dad's Salumeria. And the Chinese dim sum take-out across the street from Pike Place. And. . .

Somebody put a stop payment on my reality check!

Somebody put a stop payment on my reality check!

MadMom's picture

Yummmmm...I love crepes.  Count me in!  (Unless I'm behind bars or something, of course.)

Lily Tomlin

Biscuits's picture

[Biscuit's head pops up from a snooze...]  Pardon me, did you say "dim sum"???????  I'm there with ya, Counselor!!!!

wtf    - Biscuit

Ancora Imparo -