DELETED BY DEPT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

Edited 9/15/2003 4:52:18 PM ET by MEAN CHEF

Li's picture

Perfect! I'll email you my flight info.

Central Scrutinizer; Cooks Talk moderator

Only connect.

CookiM0nster's picture

Please do email me with the info.

The frustrating thing is, Alaskan Air runs a direct flight from Calgary to Seattle, 2 hours in the air and I'd be there, but of course I decided to use up some airmiles with Air Canada.

PeterDurand's picture

That will teach you!

Seriously, I have had MANY of my flights cancelled in the last few weeks. So, strange as it may seem, personally, I would not count on your sub flight as a guarantee. Yesterday I was supposed to do a flight from Newark to Toronto and it was scrubbed. They subbed me to do another one a wee bit later and then that got scrubbed too. Finally the third one went as planned. That has not been uncommon lately.

Due to the circumstances this time, I would go for Alaska. My $0.02

Cheers,

Peter

I am at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table  -  Rodney Dangerfield

TracyK's picture

Hey! What happened to the master list?? Mean, can you email it to me, at least? It was nice to see when everyone was getting in...

"Noncooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet."

Julia Child

Biscuits's picture

I'll send it to you.  We deleted it.  Don't you read your e-mail, Woman???? (G)

wtf    - Biscuit

Ancora Imparo -

TracyK's picture

Got it, thanks!

And for a short time Hotmail was nuking incoming emails, maybe I missed it? :-)

"Noncooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes' enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet."

Julia Child

Wolvie's picture

hmm - I must have missed that e-mail, too.

Nothing valuable can be lost by taking time - Abe Lincoln.

CookiM0nster's picture

Me too.

assibams's picture

You two are not alone...

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright

Wolvie's picture

ah well. Kitchen Witch sent me the e-mail overnite. I really only wanted to use it to update the list with the fact that I will not be coming. My sister will not be there, either. I told her to still go, but she won't. I have to be in southwestern VA to settle some property issues for my Mom that weekend.

Le Pout.

Remember to take plenty of pics and everyone have a great time!! ( like I need to tell you that!)

Astrid - I'll have to catch up with you to try that champagne. :-)

transona5's picture

the fact that I will not be coming

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, this sucks. I was looking forward to meeting you. I guess since I live relatively close, Jackie and I will have to drive down and visit you sometime.

Le Pout, indeed.

Wolvie's picture

you guys can come down anytime, kiddo. Just e-mail me and I'll give you directions. :-)

assibams's picture

Le double Pout! Is this really the only time to settle these issues? I mean, drinking and eating (well) are of vital importance!

Anyway, the offer for the champagne is good for everyone who makes it across the pond to our little house in the hills.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright

TracyK's picture

Wolvie, that's too bad!!! Le pout indeed.

Julia Child

Biscuits's picture

No!!!!!  Wolvie, there's no way you could squeeze it in?  Are the lawyers going to work over the weekend?  Can't believe this...

wtf    - Biscuit

Ancora Imparo -

shywoodlandcreature's picture

Add us to the le pouting crowd! Too, too poutable...

Wolvie, just bring the lawyer(s) with you. We'll take care of him/her/them....I'm sure Biscuit could come up with a creative idea or two for dealing with inconvenient/inconsiderate land shar... I mean lawyers. You won't even know they're there.

"That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
-- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett, 'Blackadder Goes Forth'
assibams's picture

Oh yeah, bring the lawyer(s) and hook them up with the needles and sting (tattoo) gang. I am not going to share a drop of champagne with a lawyer who tries to interfere with Meanfest and no chocolates, either.

Herm Albright

TracyK's picture

Uh, y'all, Pomona's a lawyer.

Julia Child

Jean's picture

But she'd be the last to interfere

Along the way take time to smell the flowers.

A  clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
help to provide free mammograms for women in need
assibams's picture

But she is not keeping anyone from Meanfest!

Herm Albright

TracyK's picture

True... but perhaps we should ix-nay on the awyer-bashing-lay.

Julia Child

assibams's picture

I guess a smiley in my post (was it .198?)would have been a good idea. Of course I do not mean to harm or bash lawyers or any other profession.

Herm Albright

TracyK's picture

Oh no! I knew you were joking...

Julia Child

assibams's picture

Oh, good, what a relief, since I really did not understand any of the reply with the ix-nix stuff (you'll have to translate this into proper English for me <g>) Talking is so much easier for me than writing, especially when humor is involved.

Herm Albright

TracyK's picture

Sorry! :-) Those language things will trip me up every time!

It was "pig latin," which is... well, a silly word game in which you take off the first letter of a word and tack it onto the bend of the word and add -ay. So pig latin becomes ig-pay atin-lay. It's easier to describe when you're actually talking, it looks weird to type it!! :-)

Julia Child

Wolvie's picture

not a lawyer problem, it's the folks that purchased my Mom's home that are the problem. In order to get them out we have to auction the property. They haven't paid her in over a year.  I started this whold process in July, thinking it would be over by now. But with all the offers and stuff back and forth, it's finally come down to this. Pre auction is Friday, Oct 3, and the auction itself in Sat, Oct 4th. In Va, you have to put the property up for auction. Even mortgage companies. Since I don't want to pay someone to bid for me ( I want to make sure the property does not go for some absurd amount) I have to be there.

Lawyers are actually being quite helpful in this situation. :-)

assibams's picture

So it is the buyers' fault. Go ahead and tattoo something nasty on their foreheads for making you spend Meanfest in Va. Hope the auctiion goes well for you and your mom.

Herm Albright

Wolvie's picture

oooohhhh - they are already "tatooed" believe me. ;-)

Just make sure you keep or have some champagne when I do get to meet you. I really wanted to come to this one so I could meet the new folks and catch up with Aussie and CM. Ah well.

assibams's picture

We have a constant supply of at least a few cases of bubbly in our cellar. DH gets very nervous whenever we get down to less. And since we are fairly close (4 hour drive) to Champagne, France, we restock once or twice a year.

I have only been on a real estate auction once, we bought our house that way. The previous owner had not even made one mortgage payment in 3 years!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Herm Albright

Gretchen's picture

Since I don't want to pay someone to bid for me ( I want to make sure the property does not go for some absurd amount) I have to be there.

Do I understand that you may have the "chance" of buying your property back?  I understand "bidding in" but........

Gretchen
Gretchen