NEW! Google Custom Search

Meaniefest update

MEANCHEF's picture

Shoechick and friend added to the list for Saturday only.

Dinner reservations made at Palace Kitchen at 6:30 on Thurday for the 7 early comers.

Saturday dinner:
accomodations made for the one vegetarian (lucky he eats seafood).
Dinner will be $95.00 for the drinkers and $65.00 for the nondrinkers.  Price does not include tax and gratuity.

Further updates as needed

MadMom's picture

Mean - do you have any idea what the menu will be for the Saturday dinner?  I recall you said that we all get the same thing, unless we want to sit by ourselves, but do hope it will be stuff I can eat...$95 (plus tip) is a lot to pay just for the pleasure of sitting near your pink capris.  Will everyone (except our resident vegetarian) be served the same thing, or will there be at least a choice of entrees?

You may now yell and scream.

What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind
at all. How true that is.
-- Vice President Dan Quayle winning friends while
speaking to the United Negro College Fund

Wolvie's picture

LOL - I was told no choices in no uncertain terms! Hopefully, you will fare better.

Woe to the cook whose sauce has no sting
- Chaucer

Li's picture

Didn't you hear? It's the special all-salmon menu. Salmon for every course, including dessert.

Cooks Talk

Only connect.

Jean's picture

And here I thought you didn't have a nasty bone in your body. ROFL

When you are over the hill, you pick up speed. .

A  clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
help to provide free mammograms for women in need
Li's picture

Good God, whatever gave you that idea?

On the contrary, there might be one or two nice bones, maybe three on a good day. All the rest, very nasty.

I did mean to put a winkie after the salmon comment, though.

Cooks Talk

Only connect.

TracyK's picture

MM, if I recall correctly, it's a tasting menu with wine pairings... and $95, while not a price I'd pay every day, is really a very good price. Also, the chances are good that if there is one particular course you don't care for, it will be made up in subsequent courses.

I've never had a tasting menu and am DYING to try it... and I'd eat anything.

Mean, is there a scheduled time for Friday's Chinese dinner?

What the caterpillar heralds as the end of the world,
the Master calls a butterfly.

--Richard Bach

MadMom's picture

if there is one particular course you don't care for, it will be made up in subsequent courses.

That's my hope.  Unfortunately, there are so darn many things I don't eat that my chances of that happening are pretty slim.   I was just curious about the menu and wanted to know if I should down a sandwich first!

Wolvie's picture

MM - all kidding aside, I am sure the restaurant will accomodate you. Really. If there is something you just don't want, they'll most likely give you extra of something you do like, or make up a little something for you.

Woe to the cook whose sauce has no sting
- Chaucer

ashleydbrit's picture

Well they (at least my DW) call me Mr Picky, but I'm up for it, I don't want to know what's coming till I at least sit down, preferably not till it's on the plate then I'm less likely to build up resistance and just go for it. And if I don't eat at least I can drink, I'm much less picky with wine.

"I don't like gourmet cooking or 'this' cooking or 'that' cooking. I like 'good cooking.'"
James Beard

MadMom's picture

Ohh, good to hear there are other picky eaters out there.  Perhaps you and I can grab a bottle of wine and go sit in the corner?  Or, just maybe, everything that is served will be on our list of "good" food, and we shall stuff and stuff and go home sober? 

I know that most of the people on this board enjoy tasting different foods, and I do envy those who can and do enjoy eating unusual dishes.  I'm afraid that most of my dislikes are in the meat category; I will at least try most fruits and veggies, and haven't found any I intensely dislike yet.  Funny - both my DD's, who eat only a very limited number of fruits and veggies, will eat just about any kind of meat from any kind of critter...go figure!

Jean's picture

I'm really surprised at you! You're one of the last persons I would have accused of being a picky eater! This is even when you are NOT on a diet??

MadMom's picture

Actually, Jean, I've gotten where I eat a lot more different things than when I was younger.  The list of things I would not eat before I hit 35 included most vegetables, any meat except chicken (white meat only), turkey (ditto), beef, and pork, and virtually any seafood except fried catfish fillets.  And of course, no nuts, no coconut, no raisins...as I said, I've actually gotten better, although I have a long way to go!

Jean's picture

I'm shocked and appalled!

MadMom's picture

ROFLMAOPIMP!

Li's picture

Just found this on Citysearch re 727 Pine:

"Dress Up: Despite the jeans-friendly dress code at many spots about town, 727 is a refreshing exception. Get gussied up."

Mean, what does Seattle consider "gussied up"? Can I wear nice slacks and a groovy shirt or sweater? Or is a skirt or dress more in order?

Also on that site, I found 13 rave reviews about the Elliott. All 10s across the board for service, room quality, amenities, and value. Not one negative review in sight.

Cooks Talk

Only connect.

MEANCHEF's picture

Li -

I have been in the lounge which is adjacent to the restaurant and wore jeans.

Yes, it is a nice place.  For me personally, dressing up means wearing slacks and a shirt instead of jeans.  Ever since I left the Corporate world of suits and ties I never looked back.

That said, I think you would be fine dressed either way.

PeterDurand's picture

You mean that I don't have to bring my one (work, funeral, etc occasion) tie? Whew....

Wadda ya think about my pink Florida sneakers? I am counting on your sartorial advice here.

Cheers

Clothes challenged Peter

Li's picture

Thanks, I'm trying to pack light, so this helps.

Cooks Talk

Only connect.

Glenys's picture

Leather, no studs.

Li's picture

Perfect! Although most of my wardrobe is leather WITH studs....

Cooks Talk

Only connect.

KitchenWitch's picture

>>Although most of my wardrobe is leather WITH studs<<

mine too, although I'm leaving that home as i'd like to make it thru airport security without the full body cavity search.

~RuthAnn
Always Smell It First.

~RuthAnn

Biscuits's picture

Li, I'm taking a black skirt and red silk sweater to wear to 727 Pine.  I had a feeling it would be kind of dressy.

Ancora Imparo -

KitchenWitch's picture

I was planning to bring a dress for that night as well.

guess this means the food fight is out. whew!

~RuthAnn
Always Smell It First.

~RuthAnn

shoechick's picture

I'll be the one wearing shoes ;)

Born Free....Now I'm Expensive

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.  ~St. Augustine

KitchenWitch's picture

just shoes?!?!

they may not let you in. MC will like it, though.

~RuthAnn
Always Smell It First.

~RuthAnn

ashleydbrit's picture

Quick plea for attendees to check your pockets. We're looking for statehood quarters and currently missing Ohio, Louisiana and Indiana, so if you have any please save them for me next week. Getting nothing here in SF!

"I don't like gourmet cooking or 'this' cooking or 'that' cooking. I like 'good cooking.'"
James Beard

Edited 10/19/2002 1:21:59 PM ET by ashleyd

PeterDurand's picture

Will a canadian loonie and twonie do? Hell, who knows, in a few decades they may be worth $0.17US :)

edit: a Cdn loonie is ONE Canadian dollar (it takes its name from the bird engraved on one side) and the 2 dollar coin appeared a few years later and got named the twonie.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited 10/20/2002 1:38:21 AM ET by PeterDurand

MEANCHEF's picture

Friday the dinner is at 6:30.  As a matter fo fact dinner every day will be at 6:30.

MEANCHEF's picture

Yes, it is a fixed tasting menu.  There are 9 courses + amusee+ dessert+chocolate+wine, so I am sure you will find something you will like.  There will be no salmon.

If I post the menu there will be two solid weeks of ******ing and whining.  If we all wait until you get there the ******ing will be confined to one evening.

MadMom's picture

You are absolutely right about their being two solid weeks of ******ing and whining if you post the menu early, of course...but if you think Meaniefest ******ing is going to be confined to just one evening, you've got another think coming!  I give up.  Just so long as there's no salmon...or duck...or lamb...or shrimp...

Okay, I'm going to go sit in a corner now and think about how much wine and chocolate I can consume in one evening.  :)