NEW! Google Custom Search

Vancouver - pictures

Peter_Durand's picture

Here is a start. The Sylvia bar with a few patrons.

Left to right:
Aussie, MM, MC, Sandra, Peter, Wolvie

Unfortunately the 2 pics I had the waitress take at lunch did not turn out well due to very bright light from outside. I?ll have a friend who is a Photoshop guru work on them. As for the rest (you know?the ones showing scandalous, depraved, inappropriate and thoroughly shocking behaviour) I will need iron clad legal releases before posting.

Cheers,

Peter

Messy_Cook's picture

wink wink nudge nudge

Jean_'s picture

i If anyone wants to vet them let me know and I'll send them to you before posting.

Yes. Please email them to me right away. Thanks.

plantlust_'s picture

I concur on the MeanChef/Captain duality. And Peter D. you look just like Doctor Bombay!

Tracey_Krause's picture

Yeah that's where my mind was going too. I really should have come down to the hotel on Sunday - seems like you guys had a great time.

Glenys_'s picture

After the quarantine?

Tracey_Krause's picture

After threatening to send you know who a bag of pretzels she's probably still at customs.

Tracey_Krause's picture

Impossible. I take awful pictures.

And let's not dispel this rumour that I'm a blue eyed blonde.

noodle_'s picture

Wow! Keep 'em coming folks--I love seeing these. Mean Chef looks positively jolly, and Peter--a little Kurt Vonnegut-ish perhaps?

CLS's picture

Thats it!!!!! Dr. Bombay! I KNEW he reminded me of someone! Oh, you are good, P-L!!! I totally agree with you.

CLS's picture

You don't have to post it. E-mail it. I know Cam has beautiful handwriting. It's only fair I get to see a photo!

Cooking_Monster's picture

I want to see the picture of everyone in their leopard print.

CLS's picture

Enough with the shyness! If I can let people post MY picture ya'll can let someone post yours. No one takes worse photos than me.

CLS's picture

There's only one way to find out...;-)

Peter_Durand's picture

Ok, I give up. Who is Dr Bombay?

CLS's picture

Cam, you are evil, and a tease!

CLS's picture

i
You don't know who Dr. Bombay was? "Dr. Bombay, Dr. Bombay, come right away!"

Didn't you ever see Bewitched? Sitcom, early 70's I think. He was - literally - a "witch" doctor. Remember?

CLS's picture

Your hair is lovely... ;-)

SandraM's picture

Pay no attention to that woman behind the camera! Cam can't help looking anything but elegant - she was the single respectable-looking member of our ragtag little troupe of cooks and bottle washers - at least until Messy Cook, Tracey Krause and Glenys joined us, bringing the 'respectable' count up to a four.

And yes, her hair is lovely - but you haven't seen 'lovely' until you've seen Cam smile!

CLS's picture

See, Cam!!! No reason to fear!!! Sandra says you are beautiful! Okay, Okay...you asked for a photo of The Boy, and I have a particularly adorable one. I'll trade you for it!

Luka_'s picture

I'm getting all hot and bothered here.

Wolverine's picture

yes, I did feel sorry for you, but - you seem happy! ;-)

Wolverine's picture

only Glenys wore her leopard print in public. Seems that Vancouverites are used to that from her!

Adele_'s picture

Ha! Ha! Ha! That's wonderful Cam- thanks for the laugh.

Glenys_'s picture

It's the medication.

Wolverine's picture

ah yes. Mission Hill - elixir to cure what ails you!

MEAN_CHEF's picture

Cam is a beauty, except when giving directions.

SandraM's picture

To be fair to Cam, and to MC, there were at least three backseat drivers on that memorable little quest for the ever-elusive Chinese restaurant! MC gets my award for Grace Under Pressure - for not once losing his temper, opening the doors and shouting "OUT!" to all of us - none of whom really knew where the damned restaurant was.

MEAN_CHEF's picture

I think the best part was trying to get us to turn around and go back the other way when we were sitting right in front of the restaurant.

aussiechef's picture

Where was the Pressure? Glenys, Wolvie and I were only waiting about 40 minutes. We'd got through the plates and were about the devour the tablecloth.

MadMom_'s picture

b NO MATTER WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, I AM NOT CRAWLING ON THE FLOOR.