NEW! Google Custom Search

Vancouver - pictures

Peter_Durand's picture

Here is a start. The Sylvia bar with a few patrons.

Left to right:
Aussie, MM, MC, Sandra, Peter, Wolvie

Unfortunately the 2 pics I had the waitress take at lunch did not turn out well due to very bright light from outside. I?ll have a friend who is a Photoshop guru work on them. As for the rest (you know?the ones showing scandalous, depraved, inappropriate and thoroughly shocking behaviour) I will need iron clad legal releases before posting.

Cheers,

Peter

SandraM's picture

Peter, thanks for posting, but I think your attribution is a little off - clockwise from centre left is MadMom, Aussie, Mean Chef, me, Peter and Wolvie.

Peter_Durand's picture

Nah,

Its MC, Aussie, me, Wolvie and you.

Peter_Durand's picture

MM is in there somewhere too

RuthAnn's picture

YAY!!!

thanks, you guys.
Of course, now I want to see more.

Nice to have faces for the names.

what fun.

Adele_'s picture

Yes, yes, yes! I actually logged on BEFORE work in case the site went down this morning and I may have had to actually wait a couple of hours to see the pics.

Meanie- where are your horns?

Thanks for posting & can't wait for more info.

Jean_'s picture

Love the picture. Thanks. I expected Sandra to have long hair, thought Aussie would be older, didn't expect either MC or Peter to have mustaches. On that picture Mean looks more like Captain Kangaroo, I'll
never think of him as mean again. :) I did recognize both MM and Wolvie.

Peter_Durand's picture

Hi Cam,

I will be around and about showing MM etc around VR. Will probably be heading back to my place with them sometime this afternoon. I'll keep the cel phone on so you can reach me and perhaps I could get some of the pics from you. I have a scanner and would be happy to post them if you want.

Cheers,

Peter

Messy_Cook's picture

Capitain Kangaroo....oooh that's perfect...Mean is going to have to change his handle.

Messy_Cook's picture

Morning Peter....don't forget to take more incriminating pictures.

Luckily, I've met all these great people, 'cause I can't see the pics.

Cooking_Monster's picture

Mean, you look exactly like my uncle Gus. Are you sure we're not related?

Sandra loooks just as I pictured her. Somehow I pictured aussie with longer hair. And Peter is a total surprise - I never expected a moustache.

Thanks for posting!

SandraM's picture

YES! Captain Kangaroo is perfect! The closest I could come was Mark Twain.

chiqui_new_orleans's picture

MadMom...whatch doin' on the floor, sugah????? Not bowing down to MC are ya???LOL Looks like ya'll were having a great time......Captain Kangaroo, hugh????? Who loves ya, sugah??????

CLS's picture

Well - I'm shocked. I can't wait to see everyone else! Oh, this is so much fun! Thanks for posting that, Peter! Tell MM I said hello!

EM_'s picture

A fine looking bunch of people, who look like they are having a blast! MC definitely looks more Captain kangaroo-ish than like Red Buttons. ;-) He reminds me of the tall gray haired veterinarian on Emergency Vets (Animal Planet). I can't remember his name.

chiqui_new_orleans's picture

Where IS the Captain this morning????? Can't believe he hasn't checked in with his report!! Where for art THOU mine Captain??????

Cooking_Monster's picture

ROFL Chiqui - too funny.

Full-fledged's picture

Hard for me to see, but MadMom looks like she might be cooing at the wallpaper.

Lil' tipsy there MadMom?

Amy_W.'s picture

Awww, this is great!

You guys look so nice, all smilin' and happy.
Peter, thanks for posting this picture!

SallyBR_'s picture

Thanks for posting, Peter

FINALLY someone had mercy on us!

Yeap, the moustaches were unexpected, both of them... but, no problem, I can get used to them...

Peter, with your smile on the cockpit, I could fly with no problem! Any chance you could start flying between US and Brazil? :-)

Sandra, in my imagination, had long, "cascading hair" (Seinfeld fans will get it) - don t know why, it was the way I pictured you, but just like those moustaches, I already incorporated the new YOU in my mind...

I recognized MM, did you cut your hair? I wanna see more pictures, close ups if possible...

Wolvie and Aussie - in my mind both had short hair, Wolvie was blonde, Aussie brunette. Oh, well... you cannot be right all the time.

Mean Chef, for someone Mean, you have a pretty sweet look...

I can hardly wait for more pictures!!!!

kai_'s picture

Great picture Peter, thanks! It looks like y'all were having a wonderful time. Is that water out there?

Can't wait for all the stories!

phil_eves's picture

That's our fabulous English Bay (Vancouver Harbor), famed for killer sunsets....

kai_'s picture

Thanks, phil. I can imagine a great sunset. Wow.

And that bar looks just charming.

MEAN_CHEF's picture

Aussie is older. She just looks 25.

Other than that, I have been sworn to secrecy.

Aussie was the recording secretary and will report the dirty details.

Sandra is working on the Vancouverfest memoirs.

Luka_'s picture

Captain Chef

Kangaroo Chef

Mean Kangaroo

Captain Mean

I like Mean Kangaroo the best.

Messy_Cook's picture

How about Mean ChefaRoo

Grasshopper_'s picture

Mean roo.

I honestly pictured Mean Chef to look just like Peter
i does
look. How tall are you, Mean? I pictured you quite tall, at least around 6 ft. Peter I pictured blondish/brownhairish, tall and slender. Sandra I pictured with brown curly hair (no reason for any of these)... Aussie I pictured buxom w/long blondish hair.

You guys look great, absolutely great. Thank you so much. Post more!

Grasshopper_'s picture

Notice how Peter said pictures - as in plural - rather than
i a
picture? Teaser, that's what that is. More, dangit!

MEAN_CHEF's picture

There should be a lot more pictures coming.

They have even got you beleiving that I was in the first picture.

Seema_Shastry's picture

Great picture. No one looks like I imagined. It's great to associate faces with names. Enjoying all your reports. And waiting for more pictures ofcourse

Grasshopper_'s picture

Very funny, Mean, I choose to believe it. You have quite a bit of hair there, BTW.