NEW! Google Custom Search

In search of a cooking fork!

julianne's picture

I am looking for a cooking fork with 4 thin tines - all I can find are the big 2 tined forks. Anyone have any ideas where I can buy one? The one I have now is small with a wooden handle. Thanks.

Chiffonade_'s picture

OK, I'll bite...why do you need a 4 tine fork specifically?

Gretchen_'s picture

What you have is a "Granny fork"--just an old (sort of antique) fork that used to be to a kitchen set. You can find them at antique malls--and I think something like the Vermont Country Store probably has reproductions. They are great "cooking forks" such as for turning bacon--very sharp tines and close together.

julianne's picture

Thanks for your help! Now I have something to go by.

julianne's picture

By the way, what is an antique mall?

Wolverine's picture

An old store ;-)

MEAN_CHEF's picture

Or maybe a new store with old stuff.

D.J.'s picture

Just happened upon this site:

Not exactly as you described, but these might be useful. In the Product Catalog under Forks:

nihon_no_cook's picture

An antique mall is a collection of shops or booths that sell antiques and collectibles. Sort of like an upscale flea market - usually in a permanent location, and open several days a week. Sometimes they use old shopping malls, sometimes they just build new buildings and split them up into booths.

MEAN_CHEF's picture

You are too damn serious.

nihon_no_cook's picture

Nah, still smarting from the blows of those misguided folks who thought we were being smartasses to the "loaf cake" lady. Figured I'd try for something useful this time.