NEW! Google Custom Search

Slicers

Jody's picture

Slicers (post #53575)

I'm considering a slicer( yeah, I'm the one whos dad cant give small amounts. Just received a log of salami.) and have seen two models. Chef's choice and one from Krups. Chef's choice goes for $199 and look like more of a work horse compared to the Krups which runs for $50. I'll be using the slicer for home use. Any comments or suggestions on another model and where to find would be great.

Smittyroo_'s picture

Jody, if you'll move your hands to the right on the grip you should be able to straighten out your slice. Smitty

Jean_'s picture

ROFL---Good one smitty!

Jody's picture

Sorry I even asked.

Jean_'s picture

Hope you're not offended, Jody. Once in a while we like to joke around here. ;-)

MEAN_CHEF's picture

You joke around too damn much. This is supposed to be a serious culinary discussion.

Jean_'s picture

Boy-------------did someone hear that pot calling the kettle black????????

sunshine's picture

Loud and clear!

Jody's picture

No harm done, just a really bad day.

Smittyroo_'s picture

Sorry Jody, all in fun.:) I know a lot more about golf than I do about slicers, but I knew you would get plenty of good info from the serious folks out there.

Holly_'s picture

Hi Jody,

New day, hopefully better day! I have a heavy duty, stainless steel, electric meat slicer that I have had for the past 20 years. It is a real work horse! Never have had a bit of trouble with it. I can't remember what the brand is, but after work tonight I will dig it out and let you know.

Have a great day!

Holly