NEW! Google Custom Search

Any others having to log in every time

Adele's picture

Nope. 

But, but, it's SUPPOSED to taste like that!

But, but, it's SUPPOSED to taste like that!

TracyK's picture

No.

We are all in the same boat, you and me and ex-Gov. Palin and Rep. Joe Wilson, and wealth and social status do not prevail against disease and injury. And now we must reform our health insurance system so that it reflects our common humanity. It is not decent that people avoid seeking help for want of insurance. It is not decent that people go broke trying to get well. You know it and I know it. Time to fix it.

-- Garrison Keillor

Jean's picture

Just now!

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
      I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

A  clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
help to provide free mammograms for women in need
moxie's picture
PeterDurand's picture

Not me.

Better life through Zoodles and poutine...

thecooktoo's picture

Not every time, but very frequently.

Jim

madnoodle's picture

Yep. Just started today.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Lee's picture

Yes, but just today.  I've been having a devil of a time linking to the site for the past few days, though.  Is anyone else having this problem?  It takes 2 to 3 tries befroe I can get onto the forum.  It's very annoying.

Theodora's picture

For the first time today, for months and months and months.

Heather's picture

I'm having no trouble at all, although I should never say a thing like that!

bwf17's picture

Yes, every time today.

Rae's picture

Yes, every time. Started this morning.

soupereasy's picture

Yes, started this afternoon. Bloody nuisance, at least it is remembering my password!

ETA. That last comment was a wee whisper, I wouldn't want to go any further. ;)

Edited 9/21/2009 6:05 pm ET by soupereasy

sally ryan's picture

Just happened to me too, though it was okay this a.m.

soupereasy's picture

Hope it isn't some new nonsense, better, just another glitch.

Rich02's picture

Yes, twice today. Too many passwords.  Rich

It's not what you say or what you do- it's how you make people feel

We did what we did when we knew what we knew, now that we know better, we should do the better thing.   Maya Angelou

Florida2's picture

Yes, I thought it was just me. I guess its a website glitch.

Quilter's picture

Not this morning, when I first came on, but I had to sign in just now.  Weird.

shywoodlandcreature's picture

It's been happening all day for me. Annoying!

"And then, because of the transitive reactive Halstead-era seizing properties of the Aboriginal Double Humpback Turtle, I thought, what if I add one teaspoon of clarified monkey paste?" Anonymous blog comment on "America's Test Kitchen"

Jean's picture

VERY annoying!!

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
      I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

A  clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
help to provide free mammograms for women in need
Lee's picture

I had to sign in again today, I had to try several times to get into the forum, and it's operating as sloooooow as molasses.  What is up?  Other than the sign-in, is anyone else experienceing problems with the site, or is it a problem with aol?

Heather's picture

I hate to jinx myself, but I have a Mac, I'm using Safari, and I'm on Comcast and I haven't had a bit of trouble. The site is working the same today as always. Websites never work better for Macs than PCs so I don't know what is happening.

kathymcmo's picture

I'm on a PC and Comcast and the site is working OK for me, without having to log in.

I did upgrade to IE8 the other day and the only issue I'm having is that when I open this website, it shows me the same message (from Jean to Gretchen about pulled pork) instead of opening up with something new.

Of course now that I've said I'm not having problems, I've probably jinxed myself.

Regality's picture

I did upgrade to IE8 the other day and the only issue I'm having is that when I open this website, it shows me the same message (from Jean to Gretchen about pulled pork) instead of opening up with something new.

With IE8, I have this site set up on"compatibility view", for use with sites designed for older browsers. 

kathymcmo's picture

Yes I did that, but the problem persists. At first it was bringing up a post from Gary from loooonnnggg ago that started out "Has anyone taken at look at the new website? I can't stand it ..." from when they redesigned last January. So I deleted the bookmark and made a new one, and now each time I open it it shows the message that was showing when I made the new bookmark.

Weird but as computer glitches go, a small thing. Better the pulled pork post than the one from Gary, which tended to make me panic "they redesigned it again??!!"  before I remembered it was from 9 months ago.

Gretchen's picture

You can get around this glitch. It has never been fixed. My opening page is the one that lists "recent discussions". I don't click on any discussion--just click on "start reading" and it will take you to the most recent and current discussion.

Gretchen

this is my "opening page"--after I sign in every time, of course!

Edited 9/22/2009 12:56 pm ET by Gretchen

Gretchen
Regality's picture

I have the actual discussions page bookmarked, not the "start reading" page, so I skip a step.

kathymcmo's picture

That's what I had, and it would open to new discussions/threads.

kathymcmo's picture

I've made that my second bookmark, will see if it is better.

Funny that the glitch didn't happen until I went to IE8.

PS Just reopened my original bookmark so I could post the link to what I see, and it made me log in again! It's spreading ....